2007年11月21日 星期三

王雨香 HW4 u1587 choco

PART I
A. Transcribe the complete text
your attention pls
thank you for choosing earth as your planetary vehicle
we hope you enjoy the many wonderful features of this planet
as you hurtle through the cosmos
pls note however
that in the event of continued inaction in the face of global warming
your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device
also pls take a moment to locate this planet's emergency exits
as u can see
there aren't any
earth to the america
can u hear
sending out a message loud and clear
can you hear?

B. What do you think of this performance
I think it is interesting, fascinating and makes people think seriously.
makes people to really think hard what's going on in the world.
as we live everyday lives, what's on the other side of the world
what r those truths, facts having long been hidden from us
WHAT we haven't been informed of
yeah, it's time to THINK.
recently, "an inconvenient truth" released, people calling on people
to come forward to protect the environment, etc.
I think that it's good that people are taking action to protect the earth!
everyone has his way, and so does Blueman!

PART II
A. In what ways do you think you are already a global citizen?
I actullay pay attention to what's happening in the world.
so I read as much international news as possible everyday.
as a human being, I don't feel like existing if I don't know what's
going on out there. instinctively, I tend to read and listen to
international news. instinctively, I wanna share their pain and
suffering. I want them to know that I'm part of human beings, we are
all together on the planet. we should love each other and help each
other out. I think I am a global citizen coz I put my heart in the
world and I truly take action into caring this world.

B. How can you become a better global citizen?
while continuing on gaining knowledge of the world, I also share
information with friends and ask them to join in to become a better
global citizen.
I just checked the website of the inconvenient truth, and here's some
great advices to help improve the condition of the earth:
Use less hot water
It takes a lot of energy to heat water. You can use less hot water by
installing a low flow showerhead (350 pounds of carbon dioxide saved
per year) and washing your clothes in cold or warm water (500 pounds
saved per year) instead of hot.

Unplug electronics from the wall when you're not using them
Even when turned off, things like hairdryers, cell phone chargers and
televisions use energy. In fact, the energy used to keep display
clocks lit and memory chips working accounts for 5 percent of total
domestic energy consumption and spews 18 million tons of carbon into
the atmosphere every year!

for more, you can check http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/whatyoucando/
there are 6 pages and I believe you'll find these practical!

沒有留言: