2007年12月14日 星期五

陳仁棣HW 5, , group JJ, class u1587

A Creative Person

The person I would like to introduce is always a singer, a rap singer.

The name is Tupac Shakur aka 2pac.

He is also known as the ghetto poet, and is famous for writing meaningful lines and lyrics.
He died at the young age of 25. he was shot and killed. However, his music is still being released after his death.

The official statements for these albums are his unreleased sound treks, but others thought that maybe 2pac didn't really died. May be he is just hiding from some enemies, and faking his death and get underground seems like a good choice.

The music video of the song "I ain't mad at cha" was released days after his death, and is surprisingly similar to what happened the day he died. His song "Life goes on" actually sings about his death and about his own funeral. Further more, he was claim to be dead on Friday the 13, 7 days after the shot up, which matches the famous 7 days theories.

There are further extends on the 7 days theories, but I would like to introduce some of his poetry. My favorite song is "Thug Mansion". It is about how people like himself would like a
place to stay after they go to heaven. And here is part of his lyrics from the song.

Dear mama don't cry, Your baby boy's doin' good
Tell the homies I'm in heaven and it ain't got hoods
Seen a show with Marvin Gaye last night
It had me shook
Drinking peppermint schnapps with Jackie Wilson and Sam Cook
Then some lady named Billie Holiday sang
Sittin there kickin it with Malcolm till the day came
Lil' Latasha sure grown, tell the lady in the liquor store that she's forgiven
So come home
Maybe in time you'll understand, only God can save us
Where Miles Davis cutting lose with the band
Just think of all the people that you knew in the past that passed on
They in heaven found peace at last
Picture a place that they exist, together
There has to be a place better than this, in Heaven
So right before I sleep dear God what I'm asking
Remember this face, save me a place
In Thugz Mansion

His talent is really amazing. I would like to show some of his works in class if I have the chance. I actually wanted to introduce him at the last group presentation, but since it is a group project, we chose the pop singer instead.

沒有留言: