2007年11月13日 星期二

譚筱蓉Amy, 3G, homework4, u1587,

Part1 About the Bluemen performance

A. Transcribe the complete text

Your attention please
Thank you for choosing earth as your planetary vehicle
We hope you enjoy the many wonderful features of this planet
As your hurtle through the cosmos
Please note
however that
the event continued inaction
in the face of Global lobal Warming
Your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device
Also
please take a moment to locate this planet's emergency exits
As you can see
there aren't any
Earth to America! Can you hear?
Sending out a message
Loud and clear
Can you hear?

B. What do you think of this performance?

Global Warming has been the important issue during these years. However, the leaders of many countries still live what they used to be and didn't notice that the earth they count on for is weaker and weaker. Therefore, the performance of the bluemans is appeared. They want every one to take notice on this issue even if the others don't concern.

Part II About global citizenship

A. In what ways do you think you are already a global citizen?

When I watch the news on the television, when I use the internet to chat with my friends in different countries, when I use the cellphone to talk to my aunty in America, I think I am a global citizen. I don't have to worry the distance between me and other people in different places, because there are no distance. With the technology these years, everything becomes possible.

B. How can you become a better global citizen?

To become a better global citizen, I need to respect other cultures. If you still lock yourself in your own circle and do not know how to connect with defferent people with different customs, then you're not a global citizen, you're just a citizen in you own country.

沒有留言: