2007年11月14日 星期三

李倪 Homework4 (u1587 Choco)

I. About the Blue men performance
A. Transcribe the complete text.
Your attention please.
Thank you for choosing Earth as your planetary vehicle.
We hope you enjoy the many wonderful features of this planet as you hurtle through the cosmos.
Please note, however, that in the event of continued inaction in the face of global warming, your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device.
Also, please take a moment to locate this planet's emergency exists.
As you can see, there aren't any.
Earth. To America! Can you hear?
Sending out a message loud and clear.
Can you hear?
B. What do you think of Blue men's performance?
I love this performance.
It is really funny.
It contains cadenced music and active body langrage.
Reminding us of the global warming.
I have heard of this group before.
And I was very impressed when I saw their performance at the first time.
The blue color painted on them is really strange.
I think that may have some special meanings.
Maybe it represents peace or environmental protection.
Or just a trick to catch people's eye.
It really has a great effect upon me, come hell or high water.
II. About global citizenship
A. In what ways do you think you are already a global citizen?
I haven't thought that I am a global citizen yet.
The thing that I do, the conversation that I have is all around my life.
I sometimes read news but it is not enough.
I think I have to build more bridges to the world.
Take something for example.
Increasing the time and heightening the frequency to watch news on TV or read newspaper.
Gaining the concern about not only Taiwan but also other countries, and then about the world.
B. How can you become a better global citizen?
I may attend better to the global issues, like greenhouse effect or the hole of the ozone shield.
Participating some activities of the world, like World Earth Day or World No-Smoking Day or World Environment Day.
Doing something good to the earth.
For example, making green by planting trees and recycling.
The last but not the least, concerning about the news all around the world regularly and frequently.


沒有留言: