2007年11月14日 星期三

許孟岡HW 4 (u1587 JJ )

PART I. About The Bluemen Performance

A. TRANSCRIBING

Your Attention Please

Thank You For Choosing Earth As Your Planetary Vehicle

We Hope You Enjoy Many Wonderful Features Of This Planet As You Hurtle Through The Cosmos

Please Note However

That In The Event Of Continued Inaction In The Face Of Global Warming

Your Seat Cushion Can Be Used As A Flotation Device

Also

Please Take A Moment To Locate This Planet's Emergency Exits

As You Can See

There Aren't Any

Earth To America!

Can You Hear?

Sending Out The Message

Loud And Clear

Can You Hear?

B.What do you think of this performance?
Actually, I have heard of the Blueman a few years ago. From what I've known, they are a really famous music group. And it's happy to think that more and more people in the spotlight are jumping out to warn everyone about the seriousness of global warming. Former presidential candidate Al Gore received Nobel Prize for that is a great example.
Although I know what issue the movieclip is aiming at, I couldn't really understand what they were performing. To me, the movieclip is a little bit too "abstract".

Part II. About global citizenship
A. In what ways do you think you are already a global citizen?

Born on the same planet, everyone of us were "global citizens" from the very moment we first took our breath. And thanks to the fast development of technology, we can travel to every place in the world ever faster than before. Moreover, with the help of the internet, we can gain access to things that happened in the world simultaneously simply by just clicking on the mouse. I really like to read about the international news on the newspaper or online. These, as a whole, makes me feel truly engaged in the outer world around me.

B. How can you become a better global citizen?
I think there are many ways of being a global citizen, the simplist one is to take concern about what happens in the world often through news, magazines, etc. That is also the easiest thing for students like us can do. Another thing we can easily do is to protect the environment, such as don't litter, recycle often, etc.
How am I going to become a better citizen? Good question. I haven't really thought of that before. I think when I have the spare money , I would make donations by helping those in need to faraway countries such as Africa. That is one way I can think of. "Global Citizens" need to make their best effort to help those in need. By doing this, our planet would surely be a much better place to live in.

沒有留言: